To operate a successful club, a motivated, enthusiastic and strong club committee is required and to this end we are seeking individuals willing to fill committee roles within our club.
In accordance with the club constitution all club committee members are elected for a maximum period of 2 years after which the position may be re-elected.
- Vice Chairperson
- Coaching Co-ordinator
- Social Secretary
- Welfare Officer
- Publicity & Communications Officer
- Events Co-Ordinator
- Club Ambassadors
The club committee will aim to communicate regularly and meet every quarter to discuss the development and operations of the club.
- chair all Committee Meetings, the Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary Meetings. If the Chairman is absent or declines to take the chair, the Vice Chairman shall preside;
- not vote at any Committee Meeting unless he or she declines to take the chair, but shall have the casting vote should meetings be tied on any one issue;
- notify Club Members promptly of any appointment, resignation or removal of Officers of the Committee;
- advise all Club Members of any proposed changes to the Constitution;
- report on the activities of the Club at the Annual General Meeting;
- inform the British Triathlon Association if the Club ceases to operate, or is to be dissolved, and in doing so present a final statement of accounts;
- chair the Appeals Committee as set out in clause 9 of the Constitution.
- consider the accounts of the Club and sign them if he/she considers them to be in order;
- ensure that adequate advice and assistance is available to Officers of the Committee in the performance of their responsibilities;
- be available to represent and speak for the Club in the public forum;
- maintain relationship with BTF.
- chair all Committee meetings, the Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary Meetings in the absence of the Chairman;
- be prepared to assist other committee members in the execution of their duties;
- Record and Co-ordinate overall Volunteer and Coach Incentive Programme
- negotiate club membership discounts with retailers and suppliers;
- negotiate club membership discounts for race entries
- maintain relationships with sponsors and partners;
- update website with and changes or amendments to negotiated deals;
- inform Treasurer of new deals and mechanic for deal.
- source suppliers for Club kit, subject to approval by the Committee.
- obtain approval for all purchase decisions from the Committee (new orders);
- agree the pricing of items and stock levels with the Committee;
- Ensure payment of all invoices to suppliers to the Treasurer within the agreed payment terms
- keep proper records of the Club’s financial transactions in accordance with current accepted accounting rules and practices;
- develop and implement control procedures to minimise the risk of financial exposure, such procedures to be reviewed annually by the Committee;
- ensure that bills are paid and cash is banked in accordance with these procedures;
- prepare an annual budget for the Club and regularly inform the Committee of progress against that budget;
- make all records, procedures and accounts available on request to the Committee;
- draw up annual accounts to 30 September each year, these accounts to be approved by the Committee and signed by the Chairman no later than 21 days after the Annual General Meeting;
- present annual accounts to the Club at the Annual General Meeting;
- arrange payment for coaching services on a monthly basis based on session attendance and the agreed rate.
- management of club grants;
- issuing invoices and receipts;
- give notice of all Committee Meetings, the Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary Meetings, together with an appropriate agenda;
- record the proceedings of all such meetings and document them as Minutes;
- deal with correspondence and handle all administrative matters for the Club including annual memberships of governing bodies.
- maintain a database of all Club Members;
- respond to enquiries from the website regarding Membership;
- Arrange standing orders for membership subscription fees and maintain a list of active members.
- report to the Committee every quarter regarding any changes to membership of the Club.
- issue membership information electronically to prospective and new members.
- maintain & distribute to approved recipients an emergency contact sheet for use at races;
- welcome all new members and encourage to attend group sessions.
- Responsible for coaching standards and content
- Provide a structure within which individual coaches can plan & deliver appropriate sessions with agreed coaching points
- Ensure coaches are working to an acceptable level of quality and with a common approach.
- Set annual structure for coaching delivery, phased to an agreed race season
- Distribute Coaching availability spreadsheet and allocate coaches on a monthly basis;
- Maintain a register of who has coached what on a monthly and annual basis;
- Maintain a register of who has attended each club session (in conjunction with club Treasurer where fees are involved)
- Discuss and approve any proposed new sessions with the committee in advance;
- Regularly communicate with membership on coaching matters;
- Respond to enquiries relating to coaching matters from either potential new members and/or existing members;
- Identify potential coaches for BTF training and make recommendations to the committee;
- Agree budget for new coach training, additional training and coaching equipment in advance with Treasurer and committee;
- present a programme for social functions to the Committee every three months, to be approved by the Committee;
- make all necessary arrangements for all social functions of the Club, including an annual Christmas Party and an annual Summer Barbecue;
- notify all Club Members of the social programme, and submit this programme to the Publicity officer for inclusion on the website;
- collect all monies (where appropriate) from Club Members for all social functions, and bank these monies in the Club bank account within 7 days of collection of the monies;
- provide a regular report no greater than monthly to the Treasurer advising all monies banked for the preceding period;
- submit all invoices for payment of social functions to the Treasurer.
- To be responsible for the implementation of good practice and child protection policies within the club.
- Be available to any member to discuss concerns regarding matters of either their own or another members welfare.
- Uphold Club Standards & Code of Conduct.
- Maintain members concerns in the strictest confidence
Publicity & Communications Officer
- manage the regular posting of news announcements (with photos where possible) to the homepage of both the website & social media by either writing or commissioning the news item from other club members. The news should reflect major events in the Club’s calendar such as races (liaise with the events co-ordinator), social (liaise with the social secretary) or training camps;
- encourage club members to write and maintain blogs on their race experiences for others to read;
- write and supply press releases on Club activity to external medium where appropriate;
- hold overall responsibility for the content of the public areas of the website.
- manage marketing material;
- deal with publications/press.
- be responsible for the programming and maintenance of the site when new sections or pages need to be added; Note that the content of individual sections of the website are the responsibility of officers within that role (as agreed by the committee)
- Responsible for organising club internal race events;
- Assist with the organisation of external club events.
- Responsible for coordinating volunteer marshals;
- appoint sub-committees and deputy officers as necessary to assist in organising these events;
- report back to committee on the progress of each event, and agree budgets with the Treasurer.
- put together a race calendar of events for the year and post this to the website, updating with new races from Club Members as they are announced;
- collate details of events entered by Club Members into a fixture list on the race calendar, and post this to the website;
- contact all Club Members on a regular basis to ensure that the fixture list remains up-to-date;
- use the fixture list to compile a results sheet for each event, and post these results to the website no later than 7 days following the event;
- Attend local events/races and talk to the public promoting the club
- get around the club engaging with members
- help involve new members within the club.
- get feedback from members
- offer advice to new members
- ‘push’ the club volunteering ethos to everyone
- assist other club officers whenever they become overstretched!